Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Warm Days

It's finally been warm this week...this first week of summer. Warm and busy. Today Billy had HEAT training and football training from 8:30 am until noon. Then both boys had dentist appointments. I was told that they would rather have dentist appointments during the school year so they could get out of class. What was I thinking??
Billy and Eric headed off to baseball and I took Brian to soccer. It was hot, and humid. They were happy to have one sub, the other team didn't have any.

After about a 3 or 4 minute break, it was time to get back out there. Kristie seemed happy to have a break.

Brian had played striker for a while, he prefers defense...he really uses his head there.

I didn't think that the heat was so bad, but then again, I was just sitting on the sidelines wearing my chucks. I have black ones, brown ones, pink ones...you get the picture. Do you have chucks? Otherwise known as Converse. I really like 'em. I think it's because they remind me of wearing bumpers when I was a kid. Did you have bumpers? I had blue ones and white ones. Oh, never mind.

After the game Brian and I got some Dairy Queen to go and went to see what was happening at the lake. There was a man and a dog on a surf board with an oar. They both looked happy.

And there were swimmers and a pretty sunset. A nice way to wrap up a warm summer day.

Summertime....and the livin' really is easy....hope you've had a wonderful day.


No comments: