Monday, June 15, 2009

Pests!

Between running Billy to football training, getting a couple of jobs out, editing some pictures, feeding the boys, doing dishes and doing laundry in time for Billy's game..... I stopped for a minute to smell the roses. Ummmm......aren't roses grand? After smelling the roses I started to look around the garden a bit, it needed water.

Then I looked at this pretty bud and noticed the bug.....ack....aphids! Then I looked around a little bit more and noticed that the rabbits had been having a great time snacking on my tender flowers. Errr. I was too forlorn to take any photos of the evidence. And to think that I used to think that rabbits were cute.

When ever I read the story about Peter Rabbit I so wanted Peter to get away. You remember Peter Rabbit don't you? Actually it is "The Tale of Peter Rabbit" by Beatrix Potter. Once upon a time there were four little Rabbits, and their names were Flopsy, Mopsy, Cotton-tail and Peter. Peter was so cute. But he was a naughty little rabbit. Momma Rabbit would go out on the town and leave her poor baby bunnies to fend for themselves. Sorta. Then Peter would sneak under the gate and snack on Mr. McGregor's garden. Poor little unsupervised bunny.

Mr. McGregor spied him and hollered at him and chased him with a sieve! Oh Dear! Oh...that was so scary! Peter got tangled up in the fence and was doomed. He sure looked dead...but with the help of some squawking birds he escaped...but he lost his coat.

....then Mr. McGregor made a scare crow out of his pretty blue coat with the big buttons. That little reminder would have scared me enough to stay out of the garden! That and those evil birds. But Peter found his way home and had some tea and was fine. I always wondered about what was so important in town that his horrible mother left her babies alone. Isn't this picture scary?

Anyway, as I was saying before I got side tracked....I used to hope beyond hope that Peter would escape from that mean old Gardener. Now...not so much. I'm thinking of getting a sieve...and hanging a blue coat in my garden....and hollering at those pesky rabbits! Mr. McGregor...forgive me...I didn't understand! Darned rabbits!

OK, I feel better now. I think I'll go back and smell some more flowers...and not look so closely at those problems those pests are causing.

Because I have enough other stuff to keep me busy that I don't have time to be chasing rabbits! Have a happy Monday!


No comments: