Friday, June 12, 2009

In My Yard

It has been an odd summer so far. It's already June 12, we are short on rain and short on warm days. The boys have just gotten out of school and it already feels like summer is half over. They should be done on Memorial day and start up again on Labor day. Then we'd really have a summer! Yesterday we went to a meeting for Brian's mission trip in July. Today I took Billy to athletic training to get ready for football in the fall. A lot of things get packed into a summer!

Since it's summer and that means being outside in your yard in Minnesota, I thought I'd show you a couple of things in my yard. This cute fountain was a mother's day gift two years ago.

I love it. It sits on my patio, the water trickles with no sound of the pump running. I'm not the only one that loves it, Penny thinks it's a perfect spot for a dog to get a drink of water.

This planter that looks like a pair of cowboy boots is one of my favorite summer things too. I think that they look real.

This guy grilling some chicken the other night is pretty cool too. He needs a new grill, the old one is, well, old.

The rest are flowers in my front garden. The delphinium are starting to bloom.

I planted a couple of Gerbera Daisies this year. The is one of them. A rabbit chomped the other flower clean off. Darned rabbits.

And a regular daisy, almost ready to open.

And Molly...if we are outside, Molly likes to be outside. You wouldn't want to miss out on something fun in the yard! It looks like she had to wake up from her nap to join me today!

I hope you are enjoying some time outside this summer!

No comments: