Thursday, June 25, 2009

Summer Evening

Some days things just don't quite go as planned. Do you remember when I made these little chicks? I blogged about the cake pop chicks here. Well, I had what I thought was a really cool idea...I was going to make white cake pops and decorate them like baseballs for Billy's baseball team.

Cool right? Hmmm...not so much. I don't know what went wrong, I couldn't get the cake balls to stay on the sticks when I dipped them in the candy coating at all. I tried refridgerating them longer, I tried freezing them. I gave up, I now have white cake blobs. They were too ugly to take a picture of. I won't be bringing them to the baseball team. Rats.

On to other things. What a sad day with Farrah Fawcett and Michael Jackson both dying. Both were such young and vibrant stars in the 1980's...they weren't that much older than me, especially Michael. And now they are gone. Ed McMan too. Do bad things really come in threes? I don't think so, I think that we just stop counting at three.

I got some sad news from a friend today too, his old dog had a stroke. The dog survived it, but is acting pretty confused. Hopefully he will recover to some sort of normal dog life. Some tough decisions are ahead for my friend.

On a much lighter note, my chucks and I stopped at a lake on the way home from some errands tonight. The sun was just setting. I was facing the East, so I didn't get to see the sunset, but I did get to enjoy the pink sky and the purple clouds. Isn't it peaceful?

Sometimes on days like these I really just need to take a little bit of time to myself....

....and just breath. Today I am most grateful for the lakes along the way.


No comments: