Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sometimes it Rains

This is what it looks like out my front door this afternoon. It's raining. A nice, gentle, cool rain. We need the rain, I like the rain, trouble is, I am supposed to have two softball games tonight.

And I don't know if we are going to play or not. The weather line says "show up at the field and we'll decide." I don't mind playing in the rain...but we probably won't. I'd be much happier if they would just decide ahead of time and save everyone a trip to the field....

...but we'll get dressed, show up, get wet standing around and then they will say..."no game"....I think I better stop and smell the roses.

Every time it rains and we have a softball game I think of one of my favorite movies. There is a line in the movie that says, A good friend of mine used to say, "This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.-- Nuke Laloosh
Can you name the movie? It's Bull Durham. And if we get rained out I think I might watch it tonight. After I change my wet clothes from standing around the field to see if we are actually going to play. I wish they'd decide already!! More than everything else....it's the not knowing that bugs me.

...OK....I'll stop and smell the roses again. They sure are pretty in the rain.


No comments: