Friday, May 1, 2009

Jumping around

My blog is going to jump around a little bit today, mostly because that's the kind of day it's been for me. A work meeting, a little shopping, lunch with Eric, a little sewing and now a free evening. It's a happy Friday.

I took the camera to Eric's cold and windy softball game last night. Did I mention that it was really cold and really windy?? Brrr. Their team was moved up a league this year, it might be a long season for them. I wanted to see if I could manage to take a few pictures in the dark with out the flash. Billy's baseball team will have a few night games and I want to be able to get shots at them. I managed a few last night, so hopefully they'll work for baseball too. I just can't push the zoom too far or try to get real action shots.

I was walking around this yard this afternoon, looking to see how much damage those darned rabbits have done, and I discovered that our tiny little Azalea plant was blooming.

There were only a couple of blossoms, but they sure are cool. I zoomed in and pretended that I was in Georgia for a minute or two.....but then I stopped, I didn't want to scare the neighbors.

I did some mending today. Does anyone mend anymore? My brother asked my mom to fix a few of his work shirts. The long sleeves had been worn and torn so he wondered if she could cut them off and make them into short sleeved shirts. She said sure, then started to explain to me how she was going to go about doing it.....huh?....let's just say that sewing doesn't exactly come naturally to everyone. So I volunteered.

I like sewing, always have. I umm, taught myself. Sorry mom. :-) There's something nice about mending, especially when you can take something that is damaged and make it usable again. I'm not sure if my brother even knows that I have his shirts...but they're done...for my mom for him. It felt good to get the sewing machine going again. I think I'll finish up a couple other things while it's out. Projects seem to multiply that way for me.

And since I'm jumping around today, and it's spring, I'll end with a couple of pictures of tulips. My camera seems to be working a little better now. I found the reset all camera settings button and used it.

Inside in a vase or outside in the garden....

.....there's nothing like tulips to let you know that summer is on its way.
Have a great weekend.



No comments: