Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Dogs of Pella

Many of the people attending the Tulip Festival in Pella brought their dogs with. We spotted this big boy first thing on Thursday. My mom asked to take its picture to show my niece Stephanie, because she has a Great Dane too.

We kept seeing more and more dogs...so I started to take pictures of them too. Here are a few. This guy was huge. He was patiently waiting for the parade to start.

This German Shepard was busy keeping watch over his family.

This long dog had a cute little jacket on to keep her warm. I'm not so sure I understand the concept of putting clothes on dogs.

Here's another big guy...I'm not sure if it was the same big guy as the one before or not. He had a different person with him this time.

Big dogs, little dogs......

Friendly dogs.

This guy seemed happy to be there...

...this one too. But to be honest, I can't imagine bringing a dog to a place that is so crowded with people and strollers and more people. The dogs all seemed to be happy though.

This one was in the parade.

I'm not sure if this was the famous parade dog or not, but I'm guessing he was.

Then there was little fluffy....all dressed up in her Dutch costume.

And then, oh dear. There are no words.

The dogs of Pella.
Two more Pella blogs left...Pella Feet tomorrow with the Tulips of Pella to complete our trip. There was a lot to see there.



No comments: