Wednesday, July 1, 2009

This is my boy...

Can you see Brian? I know, it's hard, he's wearing camo. Why in the world would my boy be wearing camo?

Well, he's wearing camo because it's a part of his new uniform. The uniform he needs for being a member of the Civil Air Patrol. He doesn't have all the pieces for it yet, but soon he will be a fully outfitted member of CAP. He goes to meetings once a week, and there will be some Saturday volunteering opportunities too.

The highlight of joining for him so far was that last night he got to go up in a Chinook helicopter. He wasn't too sure about bringing the camera, but we talked him into bringing the little one along....here are a few of his shots. The Chinook on the tarmac.

This one is a little blurry but it shows how big the helicopter is compared to the man that is heading into the back.

No one told me that they would leave the back door opened! Hey...that's my boy you have in there...be careful! Shut the door!! Ack!
I'm proud of him for taking steps to follow one of his dreams. I'm proud of the man he's quickly becoming. I'm proud that he's kind and compassionate. But you know what else...I'm especially proud that he noticed the sunset....and that he thought to take a picture of it. Maybe a little bit of his mama has rubbed off on him after all.

This is my boy...he's handsome and strong and now he's a member of the Civil Air Patrol.

He's growing up way too fast. Hey Brian....I think you might need a shave. Have I mentioned that I'm proud of this guy?



No comments: