Thursday, August 27, 2009

Skies of Blue

I see skies of blue and clouds of white,
Bright sunny days, dark sacred nights...

...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world. Sung by Louis Armstrong in 1968. Still beautiful now, on this bright summer day. I don't have anything specific to blog about, so I'll just share a few of my photos of the day from this week.

This is our little buddy Jake from softball. He's getting so big! And so busy!!

It's always fun when Jake is at softball and I happen to have my camera with. And no, it's not a bump on his forehead, it's a birthmark. I wonder how many times a day his mom and dad are asked about it. He is a little boy with a quick smile and a whole lot of energy.
There was another Buddy at the game. This is Buddy the dog...my friend Sherry's dog. He likes to howl when the home team wins.

Sunflowers in a vase outside. Don't sunflowers make you think of fall? I'm trying to think of it as late summer, it sounds better.

I think I know why they call them sunflowers.

Here's Brian on his way to "late summer" soccer. He was the same size as little Jake just a few late summers ago. His mom thinks he's really handsome. He's nice too...even better.

And since this is Pat's Patunia Patch, here's a petunia for you....

They're looking a little scraggly about now....

....but that's ok, I can relate....and I like 'em anyway.



No comments: