Thursday, August 13, 2009

At the Gardens

Busch Gardens that is. The day we headed to Busch Gardens was another hot one. Not quite as hot as the day before, but still hot. My mom decided to spend another day at Williamsburg, so we dropped her off, and onto Busch Gardens we went. First ride on the list was the LochNess Monster. Celebrating 30 years of existence. Eric had gone to Busch Gardens with his family when he was 18 years old. We had just started dating. He wrote at least 4 letters to me while he was gone. He brought me home a pair of "I rode the LochNess Monster" socks. Hmmm. It seemed romantic at the time. :-)

I opted not to ride this one, I volunteered to take their picture instead. It's not very clear...but I got them. You'll have to click on it to enlarge it so you can see them. Whee!

Speaking of whee.....sorry, that was bad....we went to see an exhibit and a show with wolves while we were at the park. The minute the Alpha male came out into the display he went and marked his territory. They told us that the males mark their territory every 4 minutes....even if they are in your house. Another fine reason not to own a wolf. Ewwww.

They sure were pretty though. This is the alpha beautiful.

After the wolves we went on a 3D ride. Don't the boys look cool? I did too, but you'll just have to use your imagination for that.

And was time for the highlight of the trip to Busch Gardens for me. Eric bought me a behind the scenes tour of the Budweiser Clydesdale exhibit!

The best part....I was the only one signed up for that particular tour! I got to hear some cool facts about the horses. I got to go out in the pen with big ole Dan here....and I got to pet him and scratch him and hold onto his halter...and best of all....

...I got to give this big boy a kiss! He was so sweet. And I have to say....his kisses were much sweeter than the taste of their beer.

After some horse lovin', I met back up with the boys to find out they were headed for this crazy ride with a 90 degree inclined drop. 90, as in straight down. Again...I volunteered to take their picture.

...ready, set....weeeeeeeeeeeeee! Better them than me.

A hot but fun day...and the good news was that my Mom figured out her way back to the motel all on her own! Whew.
And since I'm still in Virginia I can say....
I B Pat

No comments: