Sunday, March 22, 2009

Weekend Glimpse

Just a few pictures from the weekend. Our first horseback ride after a long, long winter. Beautifully warm day on Saturday, and a couple of feisty ponies. A big rear followed by a hard buck and one of us tested out how hard or soft the ground was....'nuf said.

Here I am with a horse in each hand and covered with horse hair....some parts of the day were pretty sweet.

Eric and I took a trip to the sugar bush on Sunday afternoon. Some of the trees were dripping a lot. Sort of how I was feeling inside being there without my Dad. I'm glad that I went, but I don't think I'll be going back. It was too hard. The heart of the place simply isn't there anymore.

And I learned a little something from going back there....that some memories need to be kept just the way they were, without putting any new stuff on top of them. Amen.



No comments: