Saturday, March 21, 2009

Billy's 14th Birthday

Today is my baby's 14th birthday. It's hard to believe that it was 14 years ago that this little bundle of love entered our lives. Originally due on March 1st, we waited an extra 3 weeks for Billy to come. The little man was worth the wait. Billy was born at Methodist Hospital in St.Louis Park at 3:05 in the afternoon. He weighed 8 lbs 5 oz. I was a little worried that I wouldn't be able love a new baby as much as I loved my first one. But God has that covered and makes your heart grow to a size that can't be imagined. His grandparents hearts grew to new sizes too. Here he is with Grandpa Pete when Billy was just a few hours old.

William Avery Young was named after his grandpa's...William for Eric's dad, Avery for my dad's middle name. Billy was baptised on his Grandpa Bill's 60th birthday, May 21, 1995. I made the gown he wore. I love this picture of my dad tenderly holding our precious little baby with his big strong hand.

Bald little Billy loved, loved, loved his big brother Brian. (Still does but they wouldn't admit it...don't tell!) Anything Brian was doing Billy wanted to join in the fun. Here he is getting a tractor ride from Brian, he was only about 4 or 5 months old, he couldn't quite sit up, but his bathtub ring was perfect for the wagon.

Brian loved tractors....of course Billy did too. From the time he was born Billy has always kept his eye on everything, never missing a trick. We called him ol' eagle eye. :-)

The first day of pre-school for Brian. Both with new shoes, Billy keeping an adoring eye on his big brother.

The cookie baking started at a young, young age. Thank goodness for the patience of grandma's. This was Christmas 1996 with Grandma Barb, Billy's curls were starting to come.

Billy's two year portrait, my curly headed angel that was bound and determined to prove that he wasn't as sweet as he looked.

His love of baseball started early too. This was at rookie camp when he was about 4. The look was saying "mom, don't bother me now, I am playing baseball."

My little hayseeds. I had to pay them to pose for this one. I think it was worth every penny.
Talking farming with grandpa Pete.

Early baseball years.

Loving the cabin and the river and all that visiting the grandparents brings.

A passel of puppies. The boys wanted to keep them all. Wonder which one is Murphy?

The only thing that Billy wanted for Christmas one year was a kitten. Do you know how hard it is to find a kitten at Christmas time? But we did. Billy with his little Molly.

I had planned to put together a slide show of pictures of Billy for his birthday...somehow it didn't get done. I had planned on pulling out and scanning some of my favorite pictures of him...that didn't get done either. But I had these scanned from some other projects...special memories, I hope you enjoyed them.
We celebrated Billy's birthday at our house last night. Home made ribs, our good friend Bob came over...sounds like a party to me! We'll be celebrating with the grandparents as soon as I finish this so we can leave. :-)

Candles in some cupcakes. Blow Billy! How many girlfriends?

There appears to be one candle left burning....hmmm.....perhaps a girl friend?

Nah, it couldn't be....he was a tiny baby just yesterday! Happy Birthday Billy...you sure know how to make your parents proud.


No comments: