Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Dreary

It is a dreary day here in the heartland. It doesn't know if it should rain or snow or sleet or freeze or melt. I'm trying to keep my blog a whine free zone....but I have to say....YUCK!


I think that for some excitement I will go outside and track some wolves. Did I ever tell you about the wolves that followed a few of us when we were horseback riding when I was a kid? Scared the beejeezzuzz out of all of us. OK....back to my backyard. What do you mean there aren't wolves in the suburbs? OK...maybe they are tracks from Penny.

See...it's cold and wet. The birds have been singing spring songs, but I think that they are confused. Except this one, this little chickadee is not confused and is not happy about the weather.

Here's a cute little downy woodpecker. Oh, you don't want another name that bird lesson? OK.

Well, little Downy decided that he'd better get some food in him to stay warm.

Humm....frozen sunflower seeds? Unsalted? Ugh. I don't think so. Oh...what's over here?

Yummm.....tasty suet with fat and nuts and seeds. This will keep me warm. Or not.

Forget it, which way is South? I'm out of here.

Wouldn't it be nice to head South about now? Since that's not gonna happen I'm just going to focus on the fact that Spring really is just around the corner. In just over a month these little beauties will be popping out in the woods.

My favorite flower, the hepatica. They me bring hope after a long winter. I'm sharing them with you today to bring you hope too. Spring will come. I hope it comes soon.

After all, what do we have if we don't have hope?



No comments: