Thursday, March 5, 2009

Oh No!

Raise your hand if you remember Mr. Bill. Just kidding...you can put your hand down now. You didn't know that I could see you did you. Mr. Bill...from Saturday Night Live...created in 1976. Are you impressed that I knew the year?? Yep, I've got mad googling skills. Hah! After all, I was just a punk kid then.

Anyway, in case if you don't remember him, Mr. Bill was a clay guy that got squashed a lot...always preceded by an "Oh No....Mr. Bill......." Squash.

I couldn't help but be reminded of Mr. Bill when I went outside this morning and found this...


Oh No.....Mr Snowman. I guess he needed Frosty's magic hat. Mr. Snowman doesn't have much time left. Look....even his nose has disappeared. I have an idea of where it might have gone.

This pellet dispensing rabbit looks mighty suspicious to me.

The life of a snowman isn't very long. Especially when it's supposed to get up to 45 degrees today...woohoo. I love spring...but this pre-spring stuff not so much. Melting, freezing, melting, freezing...brown patches of grass....brown patches of snow...gross...how did the snow get so dirty? And poor dying snowmen. When I see a fallen, melty snowman I always think of this...

..."you cursed brat! Look what you've done! I'm melting! melting! Oh, what a world! What a world! Who would have thought a good little girl like you could destroy my beautiful wickedness? Oooooh, look out! I'm going! Oooooh! Ooooooh!"

That scene scared me almost as much as the fireballs and the flying monkeys. Oh what a world! But that movie did teach me something really important....as Glinda said, "Only bad witches are ugly."
Huh? It's OK, I don't have to make sense. Just ask Mr. Bill.

Oh No......now you go and have yourself a great day. :-)

No comments: