Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sunrise and ponies

I love sunsets...but sunrises have a special appeal all of their own. There is a Greg Brown song with the line "Oooo-ee, ain't the mornin' light pretty, When the dew is still heavy, so bright and early." It kept echoing in my head this morning as I watched the sun rise over the river valley.
And no one needs to know that I was outside in a flannel nightgown and wearing a pair of Uggs taking pictures of the sun coming up.
But when you are in the country you can do things like that. And hope that no one decides to drop in and ask you what in the heck you are doing.
There is something about the light and how it illuminates the hills that reminds me of the Ozarks or somewhere in Tennessee.
It sure doesn't look like Minnesota.

I love the colors on the snow.
And the trails made by the animals...and the kids when they go sledding.
These guys had to come over to see what was going on.
I think that they look pretty nice in the morning light too.
Good morning ponies. (no, they aren't ponies but I call them that anyways) Ummm, Czar....did you know you have frost on your belly?
And Skylar....were you sort of getting into your breakfast? You have hay in your mane. Or did you fall asleep with your head in the hay rack?
uhhh....lady.....don't think you should be saying nuthin' standing there in your flannel jammies taking pictures. What in the heck are you doing? And by the way...what's to eat?

No comments: