Saturday, February 14, 2009

Outback Last Night

I didn't really realize how dull my life is until I started a blog. Maybe that's why I have time to do a blog. :-) That's something I should think about I guess.

It's not always dull around here though. Sometimes we actually do go out. We went to Outback Steakhouse last night. We hadn't been there in a long time. The boys had figured that they served crocodile there or something and would resist to going there every time we would suggest it. But now that their tastes have changed.... ummmm... maybe I should say.... matured... to finer things like rib$ and $teak, they were all for giving it a try.
Eric called ahead, they don't do reservations but they said that they would get us in sooner since we had called. The place was packed...but the call did help, it was about a half hour wait instead of one hour.

Here's a picture of my boys...and Bob. He's not really one of my boys, and I've heard that Angelina J. has her sights set on him...but she was busy with her many small children last night, so Bob was free to join us. He's good to us that way.
We went out to celebrate Bob's birthday, and Valentine's Day and just to get together. It's so nice to have friends that feel like part of the family. Here's Bob and Billy...they had prime rib and BBQ rib$.
Here I am with, Eric and Brian...I like being the only girl. :-) We had King Crab & $teak, BBQ rib$, and King Crab & $teak. And then we had a free dessert....for Bob's birthday.
Then the bill came....when did restaurant prices go up so much? Probably about the time the boys tastes and appetites changed. I guess the cost could have been from those really, really tall beers Eric and I ordered....but we had to order them, I've heard that's what they do in the outback. And I know that you can't put a price on a wonderful time, good company, good food, and getting out of the house. It's just that I sort of miss those days when we could have had all that fun with simple Happy Meals and french fries. Some days it's hard to admit....but my boys are growing up. But the thing is, no matter how much it costs, it's a small price to pay for all the joy that they bring.
You see, my life is pretty exciting....did I mention that we went to the Outback last night?


No comments: