Sunday, February 8, 2009

Birthday Boy

Look at this little guy....isn't he cute? This is my brother. Today is his birthday. I've always looked up to my big brother.
We went through a lot together...like having our pictures taken with flowers in our hair. We also shared some pretty wonderful times....and some pretty wonderful parents.
And although we grew up in the same place with the same parents...we are pretty different from one another. For instance...I like horses, my brother likes machines....fast machines. I was smiling here knowing full well that in a few minutes he'd be giving me a scary fast ride flying across the fields. I have total confidence in how he drives...he just drives really fast when he can....and he does it to scare me...but I think horses scare him. Funny how that works.
Anyway, it's his birthday. He looks less than thrilled at the thought. Life goes scary fast sometimes.
He got over it and blew out those 49 candles with one little puff. Come to think of it, maybe the face wasn't because of his birthday....maybe it was due to our singing.
That just might be it. Oh well. Happy Birthday Tom! Sorry for being off key! Hope you enjoyed your day.

No comments: