Saturday, January 24, 2009

Typical January Saturday

The boys friends that had stayed over last night have headed home...I almost said "slept over" but that would have implied that sleeping had occurred. Teenagers. Seems that our afternoon plans got scrapped...so we are having a lazy cold Saturday afternoon. The boys are jamming on Rock Band. It's pretty serious business that Rock Band stuff.
Can't you tell by their expressions?? I like it that they have music from the 80's. It reminds me of my youth. Until they mention that they are playing along with really old songs. Punks.
They let me play the drums sometimes. They set it on easy. And then they say, "it's OK, we'll rescue you Mom." What? I thought I was doing good!?! Punks.
It's more fun to just watch them though. Can't you feel the beat? Ummmm...maybe it's just because they have the bass turned up too loud here. Hey...turn it down you punks!
Yes Mother. Eric's relaxing today too. Converting old video taped movies into digital movies to make into DVDs. We haven't looked at the movies in way too long...sure is fun to see and hear the boys when they were little! What the heck happened to all that cuteness? :-)
Me...I'm just dreaming some of my cowgirl dreams and looking at some of my favorite cowgirl mail order catalogs wearing my favorite cowgirl slippers. It's good to have a lazy day here and there...
...unless you are a dog....then you wonder why oh why no body will play with you or pay you any attention at all. It's tough to be a dog....even if you have a stuffed lemur baby to play with.
The cat seems to be unaccounted for. She's probably trying to sleep somewhere. Those boys kept her up all night. Karma isn't always a such good thing. Ha! Here kitty kitty.

No comments: