Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Refreshing? Invigorating? Nope, just plain cold!

Photo for Day 13 ~ Burdock's in the snow. Also known as a horse or dog owners nightmare! My resolve to take a photo a day is stronger than I thought...it is cold today...really cold...and I ventured out to see if I could find anything more interesting than my cat or dog to take a picture of. It felt sort of good to be out there. I said sort of. At 1:00 pm it was a whopping -5. Maybe a picture of the cat would have been OK after all!
I went to a nearby park....I should say I drove to a nearby park and found some footprints in the snow. The sparkles don't show as much in the picture as they did in person.
I took a couple of shots of the lake...no tracks, no ice fishermen, just beautiful untouched snow.
Another picture of the lake. I should have made a snow angel...but that would have meant getting snowy, and more cold...so I decided that the lake looked better untouched. :-)
A wonderful gnarly oak on a winding path. Where is everyone? Hello...it's not that cold! Actually I saw a woman walking a Siberian Husky...he looked happy as a clam....or as happy as a husky in the snow. She looked cold, very cold. I walked a little further....
...and I came across this.
Hmmmm....maybe if we had one of these signs at the farm it would keep this guy....
...from doing this.
And maybe it would prevent this guy...
...from ending up like this!
Somehow, I don't think that a caution sign would do very much to slow the boys down. Do you?
Me neither....and it might be because my brain has frozen from the cold...but I have to say that I wouldn't want it to be any other way!

No comments: