Monday, January 19, 2009

Little Shavers

Just a few short years ago the boys would follow us around and mimic the things we would do. Actually, they mostly mimicked the things that their Dad would do....thank goodness! Brian would keep an eye on Eric, Billy would keep an eye on Brian and Eric.
These photos are from 1996, Brian was 3 and Billy almost 1. We're not sure who Brian was mimicking with the no pants thing...maybe just showing some independent thinking. :-)
Sometimes, Eric would let Brian shave with him...he took the blade out, let him have a little shaving cream and a lot of water...and the "shaving" would begin. Do you see Billy watching to make sure he didn't miss a spot?
I can't help but wonder....how is it possible that just a few short years later Brian would put all of that practice to good use? That he's shaving daily with a real blade now? Well, maybe it wasn't just a few short years, it was 13 years ago. Maybe it simply doesn't seem possible to his Mom that time could go so fast.
But the truth is, my oldest has grown up....way too fast....and his brother is close behind. I'm not ready! He's grown so fast it makes my head spin. Well, at least I think that it's his growing up that is causing it.
On second thought maybe it isn't that at all...maybe it's just this one.

Maybe he's the one making my head spin.

Now that I think of it, I usually feel kind of dizzy when he's around. That must be it! Whatever is causing it, I guess I just have to accept that they aren't little shavers anymore.

1 comment:

Jennisa said...

thanks for stopping by my blog today!!!