Sunday, January 18, 2009

A sunset

Taking a quick trip to the farm on Saturday didn't leave any time for blogging...but it sure was nice to go there. I was greeted by this guy...Czar. I think he looks pretty relieved that the bitter cold is gone. I think he's also saying "feed me". Then there's this guy, Skylar. He looks like he's being all coy and cute, when really he is just trying to get a better view of the barn door where the grain is stored. It's always a relief for me to see that they have fared well in the severe weather. They can go in the barn to stay warm, but I'd rather just bring them in the house....that idea has never gone over very well....even when I was a kid. Aren't parents mean??
When I'm at the farm, I like to catch the sunset when I can. The best spot is near my brother's house. When I got there, look at what I saw in my side mirror. My brother, working as always, on his way to get more hay. I felt a little guilty sitting in my warm van watching the sunset.
I also felt a little guilty leaving Eric and my niece & her husband to unload all the wood from the pick up and trailer....I left with a wave and a be right back. But the sun was setting. And it doesn't set for very long. And I didn't want to miss it. And they were busy.....and are young and strong....OK....so I felt guilty and am trying to justify it. But look what I saw....
I think it was worth it....this is my favorite one.
They wouldn't want me to miss a sunset would they?
When it's so peaceful and beautiful?
Ummmm...maybe I could make them a print....
...to hang on the wall....of the beautiful sunset that they missed when they were working so hard to resupply my Mom with wood.
And maybe next time it will occur to me to kidnap my niece and bring her with me while the guys are doing all the work, instead of just heading off by myself....because I really wish that I would have. After all, guilt and sunsets are both so much better when they are shared. :-)

3 comments:

Eric Y said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stephanie Kalkes said...

I think the guys can handle the unloading...I'll happily grab my camera!! Maybe next time it'll be a bit warmer :-) Oh...another cool place to go in the winter for pictures is Minnehaha-the frozen falls are gorgeous! Love,S

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.