Sunday, January 18, 2009

Faith Jar ~ Photo 18

When I went back to school for Graphic Design a few years ago, I was required to take a writing class. I was skeptical at first, but ended up really enjoying it. One of our short assignments was to write a paragraph about an abstract noun. After looking up what in the world an abstract noun was, I decided to write my paragraph about the word "faith". Here's the paragraph:

Faith
There is a small, decorative jar on my nightstand that is a symbol of what the word “faith” means to me. The jar is called a faith prayer box. It’s a place to put written prayers as a symbolic gesture of turning our cares over to God and letting go of them, to show our faith that He will take care of our worries. Having a belief in God is just one example of faith. Faith means letting go of the things that we can’t control while having the belief that everything will turn out for the best. Faith and loyalty are the basis of a good marriage. Having faith in a person is an important part of any trusting relationship. We need to have faith in our leaders to effectively work towards a common goal and faith in those working for us that they will do their part. Faith gives us the hope that we need to pursue a dream. Even a gardener shows faith, planting bulbs in the fall with the belief that there will be tulips in the spring. There is a quote on my prayer box that states: “Faith is the substance of things hoped for.” For me, that says it all.


This is a picture of my faith jar. We could all use a little more faith and substance in our lives at times. I hope that today your jar is full.


No comments: