Wednesday, January 6, 2010

This and That

A little bit of this and that today. It's cold here. Darned cold. It is January in Minnesota and it's supposed to be cold....I know that....but I think that these darned newscasters and weather dudes are making it worse. SEVERE COLD!!! BITTERLY COLD!!! Yep, I'm getting bitter just hearing about it! On TV this morning a local channel listed the temperature at the bottom of their screen as -0 degrees. Excuse me? Isn't zero just zero? Are you trying to make us colder by saying that it is minus zero? Sheesh.

Time to stop and smell the roses. My roses opened up overnight. Poof. You can't tell from the photo, but they are tiny roses...only about 1 1/2" across even when they are fully opened.


I played volleyball last night. Not on my normal team...and I hurt my leg. Ouch. I'm not sure if it's a pulled muscle or just a really bad Charlie horse that won't go away. So I'm gimping around today hoping that it's good to go so I can play tomorrow. It doesn't pay to get old. Charlie bit me...and it really hurt.
Speaking of Charlie...have you seen the Charlie Bit Me youtube video? It's been out there for a couple years, but it makes me smile every time that I see it.



I think I like it so much because it reminds me of Brian and Billy at that age. Little imps.
I'll end my post where I started. It's cold today. But inside, a roast is cooking in the crock pot for supper....making the house smell wonderful. Yumm.

Slow food. The best way to warm up an ice cold "minus zero" day.




No comments: