Thursday, February 4, 2010

The View from There

One of the best things about my mom's house is the view that can be seen from pretty much any window. My favorite view is outside of the kitchen window. It looks out to the East, into the pasture and towards the river valley. It looks out to her bird feeders.

My mom has fed the birds for a long time, and they are abundant. One spring day I sat outside near her bird feeder snapping pictures. I had so many pictures I put them into a book. I'll share some of those here another day. For today, it'll just be a couple shots looking out the window.

The net tubing is filled with thistle seed...the gold finches love, love, love it. Chickadees, Nuthatches, finches, woodpeckers, and lots more all are regular guests. The windows are old, the glass is wavy and bumpy...

...but it just adds to the view. The birds, the river valley....

....a hot cup of coffee and warm conversation. I'd say the view looks pretty good from there.


No comments: