Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow, snow, snow....

Our weather dog says that's it's been snowing for a couple of days. You don't really need a weather forecaster when you have a weather dog. Send her outside and you know that it's raining or snowing or whatever it might be doing. It was snowing pretty hard yesterday. She was covered in no time at all!

You can see from the bird feeder that we've gotten quite a bit of snow. It snowed for 46 straight hours.

I think we got about 10 inches or so. Snow and ice, winters get long here in Minnesota.

Here is the view from my front step, I almost found the sidewalk. Actually I had, but it was still snowing so it got covered up again.

Somewhere under all of that snow is my flower garden, my flower garden where I planted some tulip bulbs. Hello bulbs...are you still there??

Sigh. Sometimes when the snow piles up all you can do is sit there and think about better days ahead.

Hello Stargazer lilies....are you still under there??

Hello Cosmos...spring will come....will you come back? Oh yeah, Cosmos are annuals, they'll only be there if I plant them. Will I? Yes I will....someday....when the piles of snow melt.

The piles of snow that have buried us....deep. I'm starting to think it will never melt. I have to think of better days.

Hello blue sky and daisies! You're still there and coming back....aren't you? Please?

Snow, snow, snow....I don't know if it will ever stop.

So I guess I'll just have to enjoy the beauty it brings...and enjoy the plants that live through these long snowy winters.

And I guess I'll have to keep on counting on my weather dog to tell me what it's doing out there. Who needs a ground hog when you have a weather dog. Hey weather dog....

....how's the weather looking out there? Not good you say....

....oh dear....I think that means we'll have at least 6 more weeks of winter! The weather dog, she's never wrong. Darn it!



No comments: