Monday, February 22, 2010

Just Two Symbols

Sometimes life gets in the way of blogging. Sometimes I sort of forget about blogging. Sometimes I don't have much to say. Sometimes all of those things happen. But I'm still here. And since I don't have much to say I'll just share a couple of Olympic Symbols. Cross Country Skiing. Looks like a lot of work to me. Especially when it is warmer than they would like. Most winters the folks in Vancouver would be basking in the unseasonable warmth that they've been seeing this year....instead they are squirming under the heat of the spot lights that are shining on them with the warm weather. Bummer.

All the planning and training and hoping can't change the weather. I don't remember other Olympics where the weather was such a factor....maybe I just wasn't paying attention. This Olympics seems to have more human drama than others as well. The luge accident, the ice skaters mom passing away days before the competition. How do the athletes with their emotions shattered go on? How do they not? Such an example of how lives are changed in an instant.
On a lighter note....the bobsledders. I wish there were some fun underdogs like the Jamaican Bobsledding team in this Olympics.

I think we could all use the distration!

No comments: