Thursday, October 30, 2014

Catching Up

We had a busy, but fun, weekend last week.  Billy was in a volleyball tournament at ISU so we decided to take the trip south to watch.  Friday was forecast to be a beautiful day, so we booked a Tee time at the golf course at Iowa State.  It was pretty dewy and foggy when we started, but things brightened up as the day went along.  This was my favorite shot of the day.


Saturday was the club volleyball tournament.  I really had a hard time getting good photos.  This one was mostly a mistake, but it's my favorite.  "Hands".  Billy's team made it into the semi-final game, it was fun to watch.


Saturday was gorgeous, Eric and I took a couple of nice walks around campus.  There is a beautiful pair of swans that live in a pond there.


On Sunday we took the college kid out for breakfast and then headed home.  It's always so fun to see him, but it's hard to leave.  I like to see the giant windmills in the corn fields on the way.


Monday was a day of catching up with work and laundry.  Before I knew it, it was dark outside and I hadn't taken my daily photo.  The days are getting shorter fast!  So it seemed like a good time to take a shot of my fall garland that I hang on our staircase.  I love little lights, why use them for more than at Christmas time!


I have a very spooky fall bouquet on my kitchen table.  Not really, but it does have a spider!


Our trees don't have many leaves anymore...but a few are hanging on.


We are supposed to have a hard freeze tonight, so it's probably the end of my cosmos.  The seasons change, but I hate to see them go.


It's Halloween tomorrow, have you gotten into your stash of Halloween candy yet?  I'm pleading the 5th on that one!  Happy Halloween!  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: