Thursday, October 23, 2014

Rolling Along

I was on a blogging roll...and then must have gotten a flat tire or something that slowed me down!  Actually it was a busy weekend with Billy coming home from college with friends and all those things that went along with it.  Like cooking and cleaning and all that.

The weather around here has been beautiful lately.  Some colder and windy days, but for the most part temps have been above normal and the sun has been shining.


I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it.  It's so nice I can't help but wonder when the tides will turn.  Winter is coming, it always does here in the north.


But the question is...what kind of winter will it be?  Some are saying colder than normal, others are saying the El Nino effect will make it milder.  I'm saying we will know when it gets here.  In the mean time we have to stop and smell the roses.  Or cosmos...even though they don't really smell.


We had a fun lasagna dinner for eight last Saturday.  It took two pans.  Probably because there were 6 young men joining Eric and I.  They spent more time eating than talking...I think that's a good sign.


This little volunteer viola popped up in the backyard last week.  I haven't planted any in a few years, it must have come over in the wind, or in a bird.  These were my grandpa's favorite flowers.  Maybe he sent it.  Garden surprises are kind of fun.


A black panther escaped from the zoo and ended up in our neighbors tree.  Actually, Greta escaped from our backyard and went visiting.


Autumn in the backyard.  It's pretty, but there is a lot more raking to be done.


Asters in the front yard.  It's that time of year when you wonder if the new buds will have a chance to open.  I hope they do!


I took a little time and went to the Arboretum this week.  It was SO beautiful there.  I'll share the photos in the next few posts.  This cone flower was my favorite from that day.


I had to get a picture of our black cat next to a pumpkin.  The cats don't like to look at me when I have the camera.  Little buggers.


It's Autumn.  Oranges and yellows are the colors of the season.  Fading sunflowers on the kitchen table.  What a beautiful time of the year.


I hope that things are beautiful in your neck of the woods.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: