Thursday, October 16, 2014

Happy Place

I live in the suburbs, but one of my favorite places to spend time is on the land where I grew up.  I think I'll always be a country girl at heart.  It's especially beautiful there in the Autumn.  How can you not enjoy a view like this?  The oaks are starting to turn.


 There are still some yellow leaves on the maples.


The maple by the driveway was especially gorgeous last weekend.


And another reason I love going to the country is that my boys are there.  They are starting to get their winter coats.  Skylar seemed sort of lethargic and cranky last weekend.  Not sure if he wasn't feeling good or if he was just crabby that winter is on it's way.


A little extra feed for both of them seemed to brighten both of their moods.


I wish that I could be there all of the time to keep an eye on them.  And to get those important horse hugs when ever I need them.  But for now, it's life in the suburbs...


 ...with as many trips to the country as we can make time for. I like the quote "Enjoy the season you are in."  This season is pretty darned nice.  I hope things are good in your neck of the woods.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: