Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Piling Up

The view from here is white. The snow is piling up....but the sun was shining for a while today. I almost didn't post this picture...it's over exposed and not very good...but I realized that it pretty much depicts just how it looks around here. White.

Here's a little better view of the bank next to our sidewalk. My guess is that it's 2.5 to 3 feet deep. Crazy.

The view towards the southwest...do you see the little mail truck back there behind the snowbank? The black patch in the middle is our driveway. We've managed to keep it pretty clear.

The spot that has the most snow is at the end of the driveway. The sidewalk along the road looks like a tunnel. Today was garbage day, our garbage can is 48" tall. The bank is over the top of the can.

Here's another view. It's piled as high over at the neighbors place too. Where is it all going to go if it ever melts?

Not that it is going to melt anytime soon with the temperatures dropping. -3 degrees predicted for tonight, -13 by Thursday....and then it starts snowing again. Ugh.

I think I'll go back inside for the rest of the winter. Oops...what is this...a forgotten Christmas decoration. Oh well, it's got red on it, I'll say it's for Valentines day.

It snows, it gets cold, life goes on. Everyone keeps busy...and that's the way it should be.

I hope it's warmer where you are!


No comments: