Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Birthday Weekend

We took a little trip to the country this weekend. I had a chance to scratch some ears and whisper sweet nothings to my favorite furry beasts. This one is old Tisha...she's one of the boarders my mom is keeping at the farm. She's sort of small and gentle and sweet and lets the others boss her around. She deserved some extra attention I'd say.

We were really there to celebrate my mom's birthday. We all had stuff going on during her actual birthday, so we got together on Saturday night. A fun family supper at the Pizzaria in a neighboring town. Clockwise here is Eric, his dad Bill, my brother Tom, Eric's mom Barb and the birthday girl in the lower left corner.

On the other side of the table were me, my mom the birthday girl, Brian and Billy. Eric and I are so blessed to be able to say that our parents are good friends!

After a wonderful mean we went to Eric's folks house for cake and ice cream. My brother and my mom, Billy lighting the candles and Barb looking on...

...the candles were lit, the song was sung, the candles were blown out and then we had cake...the end.

We didn't get to spend her actual birthday with her...but she was in our hearts all day. Here's a picture of her from Christmas Eve. Happy Birthday Mouse!

We love you more than words can say.

Celebrating the gift of loved ones...it doesn't get much better than that.

No comments: