Monday, March 15, 2010

Spring Cleaning

It's gradually been getting warmer around here...we had rain and even some thunder and lightening last week....and all of that means the snow has quickly left! No snow, a little sunshine, and all of a sudden it's 60 degrees on Sunday.

Eric and I took a quick trip to the country to see our folks. It was a bonus that is was so warm! I was happy that I had a T-shirt on underneath my sweatshirt...I sure hadn't expected to set the sweatshirt aside for a few hours. But I did....because it was time to push up my sleeves and get some spring cleaning done....pony style. The horses were lazing around in the warm sunshine, a perfect time to get out the brushes and help them loose some of that itchy winter coat.

My mom even got in on the action. She was still wearing her church clothes and didn't want to get too close to the beasts...but Skylar got his belly brushed through the gate.

Eric and his allergic nose made sure to stay up wind from the flying fur. I think the boys enjoyed the brushing and the attention.

Do you feel better now Skylar? How about you Czar? You boys sure look handsome after the long cold winter.

You look good enough to smooch!

Ewww...maybe next week I'll bring a toothbrush.
Aren't the first few warm days of spring the best? There is hope that the winter is behind us!



No comments: