Monday, October 26, 2009

This and That

Just a quick little post with a little bit of this and a little bit of that. The sun finally came out today for a little while...gotta love that! I have a delphinium blooming in my garden. Most things are frozen and gone, but not this silly plant. Why is it blooming in the fall? The strange weather is getting to everyone and everything I think!

I spent my day in a web design class that was offered by the city today. I signed up a while ago, had forgotten about it...actually had thought that it was weeks away...but it popped up on my Outlook calendar on Saturday that it was scheduled for today. Ack! I wasn't ready for that. I didn't want to go, didn't want to be there at 8:30 a.m., got really nervous about all of it...what if I couldn't do it, what if I couldn't keep up, what if?? I'm happy to say that I went, I was just fine, it was way easier than I thought, I learned a lot, and had a lot of fun. I left with so many ideas swimming around in my brain....I could do this, and that, and this....and...and...oh boy! Sometimes it's just taking that first step that is the hardest. I'm looking forward to part 2 of the class in a couple of weeks. I'm even looking forward to the html class that I signed up for. Learning and stretching really is a good thing.

This pansy is hanging on in my garden too. I like seeing a little purple in amongst all this orange and yellow.
I have a little calendar that gives advice each day...I've been a little behind in turning the pages and reading the verses. I caught up today. The verse for October 19 caught my eye. It says, "The talent God gives you should be your gift to Him". Something to think about.
Hope you are having a happy day.



No comments: