Friday, October 16, 2009

Final Baseball and Soccer

The boys had their last fall games on Sunday. It was a cold day...cold enough to be happy to see the games come to an end. It hovered around 38 windy degrees for most of the day. I loved that they played, but I am looking forward to having our Sundays back! Billy's game started at 10:00 a.m. He was playing first base this inning....his buddy Jake in right field said "Billy, if I get the ball I'm firing it to you!" Billy gave him the thumbs up.

And the next ball that was hit flew past, heading for right field....

Billy's ready...here's the throw.... and the base runner....

The stretch, the catch, and the out....

...followed by the smile. That's my favorite part.

After the game I dropped Billy off at home and went to Brian's noon soccer game. I got there late and had to leave early, but it was worth the quick trip to watch him play.

He's been playing goalie a lot this fall...and does pretty well at it! He almost had a shut out on his last game...until his buddy Alec came in and scored on him.

But most the time it went like this....the stop, the quick look around to see who's where....

...and the kick, with the smile. Fall sports seem to be a little more relaxed, a little bit more about having fun. I like that.

At about half time I had to hop in the car to get home to bring Billy to baseball for his second game of the day. Eric was assistant coach for Brian's team, so I had baseball taxi duty this fall.
The baseball guys had a little pep talk between innings....either that or they were cuddling to keep warm. Maybe not.

Again, the kids seemed to be more relaxed and looking for fun than an intense game....that doesn't keep Billy from getting dirty though. What's a little dirt when you beat the throw?

...and what am I going to do with my free time now that I don't have uniforms to wash? Hah.

No comments: