Monday, January 20, 2014

Warm Day

It was sunny and warm on Sunday...warm as in the upper 30's!  So we headed to the farm to visit and check in on things.  The horses were soaking in the glorious sun!


Czar...how does that sun feel?  YEEHAW he says!  I think he's half donkey...stubborn as he is!


Skylar was enjoying the warm sun too.  The boys are surviving the winter pretty well...but then again, they haven't seen the forecast for another cold front coming through.


A what?


From where?  Sorry big guy, it's another cold front.  You'll need to keep that fluffy coat for a few more months.  And it looks like you grew a beard.  What's up with that?  Are you a billy goat?  Oh, it's just your mane. Ha!


Hey little chickadee, it's going to be getting cold, better get some birdseed in you while you can!


The snow piles are high, but the sun was shining.  I couldn't resist a short ride.


I would have used this picture for my facebook profile, but Skylar was drooling a little too much for me. Who wants to look at that!


I thought that this one was funny....I see you!


But I picked this one.  Cropped in a square to cover up the horse poop.  Sometimes you have to crop the crap out of photos to make them work!  Sorry, couldn't resist!  Thanks for taking pictures of the fun Eric.  And especially for the leg up!!


And then it was time to put the big boy back in the pasture.  I think he enjoyed getting out for a little bit.  My legs are reminding me that I don't ride bareback very often.  And that I'm not as young as I used to be.  But that's ok, the sun was shining!  No coat, no gloves and a fluffy horse.  Winter isn't all bad.


But on the cold dark days, I'm very thankful for a warm house, lots of coffee, and flowers in bloom.


I hope you are enjoying a break from bad weather where ever you are!  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: