Friday, January 17, 2014

Coffee and Birds

Coffee and Birds...an odd name for a post....but that's what I have for today!  I was so happy to see this gold finch at my feeder, his feathers are turning such a bright yellow.  Is it a sign that spring is in the air?  Probably not, but seeing a bright yellow bird is still pretty special.  I'm not sure if he has something in his mouth or if he is sticking his tongue out at me.  Whatever it is was sticking out there for a long time!


First a bird, now the coffee.  I was craving blueberry muffins today.  I had blueberries in my refrigerator, and oats in my cupboard...I measured, mixed, poured and baked...then I had muffins.  A sunny spot, hot coffee and warm muffins.  I wish every morning started out this way!


Coffee and birds...plural means more than one so here's another bird.  The chickadees were busy in the front yard today so I snapped a picture of one in the crab apple tree.  Hang on tight little chickadee, it's a very windy day!


I hope that your day had some coffee and birds in it...or anything that you could enjoy.  Sometimes noticing the little things that you like can make all the difference in a day.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: