Tuesday, November 6, 2012

A Little Ride

It's an actual post for a change...not just catching up with my photos of the day!  Yeah!  Earlier this fall I got out and spent some time in the woods.  The colors were beautiful.  I had my cell phone with me, so I snapped a few pictures along the way.  Can you guess what I was doing in the woods?


Maybe this picture will give you a little clue!  It was a beautiful warm day, a perfect day for a horseback ride.


My boy was happy to be out, curious and eager...we had the best ride that we've had in a long time.


We rode through the woods, up the hill, and out to the farm.  My brother was combining...Skylar was curious about that!  The trees had some color, but with the drought, everything else has been brown, dusty,  and dry.    Can you see the combine over to the right?


I think Skylar was more interested in the hay bale.  Or maybe he was looking at the blue sky.  Hard to say.


Back through the woods, down the hill, and headed for home.  He was getting a little anxious to be reunited with his pasture mates at this point!


At the top of the last hill.  It looks foggy, but the distance was just over exposed.  It's hard to get a good cell phone shot with bright light and shade and a jiggy horse.


Here's the actual view.  The picture above was taken in the shadow of the picture below.  Or something like that.


We made it home safe and sound, I brushed him down and set him free.  First thing he did was find the dustiest dirt hole, laid down, grunting, groaning loudly and rolled back and forth like he had finally gotten that huge load off of his back.  It was funny and insulting all at the same time.  And look at that dirt.


But dirt and groans aside, it was a most beautiful day to spend some time in the woods with my favorite horse.



No comments: