Saturday, September 11, 2010

It Must Be Autumn

After a couple of darkish, coolh, and rainy days,the sun finally came out today. Warm sunshine and cool breezes. There are more and more signs of Autumn around here every day. Here are a few.

Vegetable beef soup simmering in the crock pot all day...yum. Stew meat, V-8 juice, celery, carrots, potatoes, corn, some onion, a little chili power, a little Worcestershire sauce, a couple of bay leaves and some salt...slow food is the best. I like it with buttered toast. More yum.


Then there is our poor tired dog putting up with all the groans during the Vikings game on Thursday. She wasn't too excited about the game. I was happy that our "old" quarterback didn't get mauled. I don't like when the announcers go on about how "old" people are when they are younger than me. Humph. It makes me feel like I'm in the Autumn of life. I think I'll take a nap with the dog.

The cosmos are starting to really shine. This one escaped from my garden and is leaning over into the neighbors yard. Come back!

The bees are busy, the geese are flying, the boys are back in school....our weeks are filled with fall softball, football for Billy, soccer for Brian....and fall baseball starts for Billy on Sunday. Plus the Vikings are playing, the Twins are going strong....life is busy....

...busy is good. Now if someone would just do my laundry for me all would be well in my world.


No comments: