Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A belated Easter

I know that it is a little late for an Easter post, but that's how it goes sometimes. It was such a pretty day, I wanted to share it, even if it's late. The night before Easter my mom convinced the boys that they needed to dye Easter eggs. My little boys. Don't tell anyone, but I think they liked dying eggs!

Easter arrived along with a beautiful morning sky. The clouds looked ominous, but the day turned out sunny and warm.

There were dark clouds to the East....with the sun trying to peek through.

And there were dark lines of clouds leaving streaks over the top of it all.

And the beauty of being out in the country is that you can go outside in your pajamas to take pictures and there's no one around to see it.

After church we took our annual family picture in front of the church window. This one is actually taken at a different window, it wasn't as bright so the lighting wasn't as harsh.

But for traditions sake, we bravely squinted into the sun to get the shot. When did I get so short?

We've been taking pictures in front of the same window for quite a few years now. This one is from 2006. If you want to see the rest of them, just click here for last year's post.

After church we went to my mom's for the Easter feast. The table was set, pretty pink flowers and dishes.

Little Easter touches here and there....

....busy hands in the kitchen. My mom prepared a beautiful meal....

...with some help with Eric's mom Barb, and Eric cutting the ham. I peeled potatoes, does that count?

The boys relaxed and wondered what time we'd eat. Unfortunately Eric's dad wasn't feeling well and only was there for a little while.

Isn't the table pretty?

We ate and we talked and we ate some more....and then....then....it was time for the pie.

No one makes a pie like my mom....from apple pies to lemon meringue....if you are lucky enough to have tried one of mom's pies, you are lucky enough! Yum!!

Pie and coffee and Easter blessings.....

....I hope your Easter was beautiful too.


No comments: