Sunday, May 29, 2011

Second Week in May

Tulips in the rain. Have I mentioned that it's been a cold and rainy spring? Yep, I thought so.

Mother's day...coffee and a muffin in bed. Nice!


Billy pitched at his baseball game, and we had to leave to go play softball. I don't like not being there when he's playing, especially when he's pitching. He managed just fine without us. Imagine that.




The crab apple tree in my front yard started to bloom. A few weeks late.




The buds opened up overnight. Really. I love flowering trees in the spring!


Brian and I went and picked up his tuxedo for prom. He's having major second thoughts about going. Having spent $75.00 for the prom ticket, $150.00 for a tuxedo, and chipping in $35.00 for the limo means that he will be going, second thoughts or not! And he WILL have fun dang it!


I think I'll go to a baseball game and not worry about the whole prom anxiety thing for a while. My little boy is a little bit tall...have I mentioned that? Yep, thought so.


Brian came to the last part of Billy's game, in spite of the rain. Our folks were there too. Since we were all at the school, Brian took us into the shop room to show us the high mileage car he's been working on. It was so nice for everyone to see what he's been up to. I know that from this blog it looks like everything is about baseball, it's not. It's just what I happen to have the most pictures of. Brian has been busy in his senior year, getting ready to graduate.


I don't think I'll let him go. Oh...I guess I don't have a choice in that. Rats.


Prom day. Senior skip day. Friday the 13th. All the worries were for naught....as usual. Brian got dressed and headed out for pictures first and then the prom. He said he had fun and was glad that he went. Being without a date can be awkward, I think that he handled it well.


I do know one thing...he sure looked handsome in his fancy white tuxedo!


They grow up, whether their parents are ready or not.





No comments: