Saturday, November 20, 2010

Preparing and Gratitude

Thanksgiving is just around the corner. There is a lot going on during Thanksgiving week. It's my birthday on Wednesday, we're having family here for Thanksgiving on Thursday....and Brian turns 18 on Thanksgiving day! I've been slowly preparing for it all and remembering how much I have to be grateful for. This post will share my photos of the day for last week, my notes of gratitude that I haven't posted, and a few other odds and ends.


Last week I discovered that I can really clear a room. Just bring out the vacuum cleaner and then the carpet cleaner and the boys flee. All of 'em. The dining room carpeting was smelling a little too much like dog...blech....so I took out the easy to move pieces and cleaned the carpeting. It's smelling much better now.

I had a little bouquet on my dining room table that had some wheat in it. When the bouquet wilted I pulled out the wheat and will put it in my Thanksgiving bouquet. It reminds me of my dad, the farmer. I don't think he ever grew wheat, but that's ok, it still reminds me of him.

I've got a long list of stuff to do before Thanksgiving day...I haven't gotten very far on checking things off, but when I do it sure feels good!

The birds have been busy at the feeders since we still have a lot of snow on the ground. Birds and flowers are a couple of my favorite things to take pictures of...have you noticed? :-)

When ever I have a lot to do around the house it seems that things pick up work wise. No complaints, it just means a little more juggling...and that's ok. I'm grateful for the flexibility of working from home.

Anytime I get something cleaned, the cat has to come in to inspect. If I try to take a picture of her, she leaves. If I try to take a picture of something else she plops herself in the middle of it. How do they know?


Yesterday was one of those days where plans kept shifting and changing and by the end of the day and the daylight I had remembered that I forgot to take a picture. The lamp on my computer table winked at me so I took a picture of the beads at the bottom of the shade. I like it!
I spent yesterday evening helping a friend unpack some of her things into her new house. We tackled the kitchen first, finished that, went out for dinner and then tackled the bedroom and her clothes when we returned. It's good to help friends. Sometimes the moral support is more helpful than the labor.

Most chores are lighter when spending time with a friend...my words of wisdom for the day. Now I have to get back to my list. Oye.


No comments: