Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Pictures Today

Just a few pictures for today to catch up. These are the flowers that Eric had given me. I never can remember their name, but they usually last quite a while for cut flowers. This picture was taken 8 days after he gave them to me. They lasted for a few days beyond that. Aren't they pretty?

Our maple out front has lasted longer than most of the trees around here too. Bright yellow leaves in spite of the cloudy, rainy day.

Here's a close up of the leaves taken the next day. I have a new lens...I love it. It's a Canon 50mm f1.4. I'm still learning with it. Crazy depth of field.

We stopped at the farm last weekend. My brother is harvesting and drying corn. It's a lot of work, but what an exciting time of the year for farmers to see the fruits of their labor.

Some flowers on the table to brighten the day.

And flowers on my front step. I've got this rust colored mom sitting next to a bright purple mum....

...there's something about the colors of fall flowers that go together even when they shouldn't. And that brings me to my Note of Gratitude.

No comments: