Monday, November 24, 2014

It's My Birthday

It's my birthday...so I'm giving myself a little break from the stuff I have to get done to catch up with my blog.  I had plans to be all caught up with my housework last week.  The more plans I make, the higher the odds that graphic design work will come in.  It was a busy week.


And since I'm not caught up with my housework yet and we are having Thanksgiving here, I'll keep this one to mostly photos.  The cardinal above was taken through my office window with a 2x converter to increase the reach of my lens.  It's a little fuzzier than I realized, but it was the best I had from that day.

The picture below is the fall garland I have on my stairs.  I don't like Christmas lights before Thanksgiving, but I do like the little bit of light this Fall garland adds to our early evenings!


I'm glad that the horses started getting fuzzy before the winter came.  I think that they knew what was coming before we did!


The neighbors tree was full of Cedar Waxwings last week.  Again, photos taken through the office window.  I tried some with the window open, but as the heat from the house rolls out it creates crazy waves in the air that distorts the picture.  So, I take the pictures with the window closed, dirty glass and all.


I thought that this pair in the pine tree was pretty cute.


They sure loved those frozen berries!


Cardinal in the front yard.  They come to the feeder at dusk and dawn.  So pretty.


I bought some stargazer lilies at the grocery store, they smell really nice.



Our high school football team won the state tournament on Friday night.


It's not the same without Billy playing, but still fun to see the kids succeed. They've had a long string of wins.


Some days the most entertaining thing around here are the cats.


And I'm ok with that!


I probably won't be back here until after Thanksgiving.  I hope you have a wonderful holiday with family or friends.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: