Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Just a few Flowers

When I caught up with my photos of the day from last week I realized that I've been in quite the rut for the last few weeks with flower pictures. Petunias specifically.  I guess that's ok since my blog is Pat's Patunia Patch!  These lavender petunias were at the golf course where I play with my ladies league.  I should just say lady friends since the 4 of us are the main ones to show up!  Taken with my cell phone.


Pink petunias in my front yard.


White petunias in my backyard.


An iridescent purple petunia in my backyard.  They are getting pretty leggy, I'm guessing there won't be too many more weeks of petunia pictures!


The following picture was taken at the cabin an hour and a half after the sun had set.  We could barely see where the river was.  I adjusted my camera settings and balanced my camera on a shoe that was sitting on a rock to see what would happen.  I like how it turned out.  Camera setting stuff if you're interested in that sort of thing.  Canon 7D with a Tamron 18-270mm lens.  18mm, f3.5, ISO 1250 and exposure time 30 seconds.  Yes, should have had my tripod and a lens that let in more light, but sometimes you have to just use what you have.  I would have never guessed that there would be so much color in the sky so long after the sun had set.


Ok...back to the flowers. Or weeds.  Let's go with flowering weeds and leave it at that!


We were planning on painting my mom's garage on Labor Day.  The rainy morning delayed our plans.  It happens.  There's always next weekend.


Tuesday was golf day again.  It was also a very Monday like work day.  That meant that my photo of the day was taken with my cell phone at the golf course.  Again.  Oh well, it's good not to think about your golf game too much when you're golfing.  Isn't it?


And finally, one of my favorite flowers is starting to pop up in the garden.  I don't know what they were waiting for, but I always love it when the cosmos start to bloom.


Thanks for stopping by to smell the petunias.  We'll have to wait and see what's blooming next week!


No comments: