Monday, September 15, 2014

Butterflies, Birds and Flowers

I was going to title this post Birds and Bees, but thought about the weird audience that might show up from google searches, so I thought better of it! 

I took a quick trip to the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum last week.  I had heard that the hummingbirds were migrating through and didn't want to miss it.  I'm glad that I took the time to go.  Lots of butterflies, and lots of hummingbirds!  I'll let the pictures do the talking...I picked my favorite four.  





The day after my trip to the Arboretum the weather to a turn towards fall.  Frost warnings last week.  It's a little early for that!  The frost didn't hit my backyard, my flowers are fading but still hanging in there.  Cone flowers in the backyard.


Asters in the front garden.  I crop out the weeds.  I probably should take the time to pull them, I'm sure the neighbors would appreciate that!


A tiny cosmos in the front garden.


Geraniums by the garage.


On Saturday Eric and I headed to Canterbury Park for the final races of the season.  We mostly wanted to see the Indian Relay Races...I'm glad that we went...what an action packed few minutes of fun!  The other races were good too.  I didn't bring my camera in, but I did take a few photos on my cell phone.  This one was taken when the horses were walking in for the 10th race.  Hoof prints and long shadows.  It was a cold but sunny day at the track.


Sunday was spent at my mom's.  We have been trying to finish up painting her garage.  So close, just the garage doors left.  I took a minute to spend time with the horses.  And flowers.  Weeds actually, but when they are pretty I call them wild flowers.


I hope you can see pretty flowers in the weeds that you come across today.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: