Saturday, August 16, 2014

Summer is Fading Fast

It's hard to believe that it's the middle of August already.  The cold and rainy spring along with the monsoons of June and early July have really made for a short summer!  Between that and baseball my head is spinning that it's almost time for Billy to go back to college.

We haven't spent as much time at the farm as I would have liked.  I took this picture of a cute little bird one weekend when we were there.


And a rainy day picture of a day lily.  And then it quit raining entirely.  So now we are short on rain again.


It's been an odd year for weather, that's for sure.  My cone flowers have liked the conditions though.  And so have the bees that visit them.


The little lilies have been almost choked out by the cone flowers.  I have to push my way to the back of the garden to find them.


It's worth the effort though.  Isn't this a pretty color combination?


This sunflower is a volunteer that is growing out of a pot of petunias.  I should pull it, but I love sunflowers, so it's staying.


I went to the Arboretum with a friend last week.  There are some really pretty glass sculptures there right now.  Fun to see.  There flowers are all blooming only where they were planted.  And no weeds.  I need a garden crew.


The butterfly exhibit was fun to visit too.  Mostly monarchs when we were there. So pretty.


This is my volunteer sunflower again.  I guess it's a weed.  But I don't care.


Sunflowers are happy flowers!


A rainy day lily again.  I guess I was wrong about not getting anymore rain, it obviously rained this day.  But we could use some more.  It will come.  It always does.


And I'll end with a shot of the super moon.  Someday I'll have enough time to get a fun moon rise photo, but for now it's just a shot of the moon in the sky. I'll end this with a little public domain song about about the moon.  I think it's pretty sweet.  Thanks for stopping by!


<xmp>I see the moon and the moon sees me And the moon sees the one that I long to see. So God bless the moon and God bless me and God bless the one that I long to see. It seems to me that God above created you for me to love. He picked you out of all the rest because he knew I loved you the best. I once had a heart called mine you see, but now it's gone to you from me. So take good care as I have done for you have two and I have none. I see the moon and the moon sees me And the moon sees the one that I long to see. So God bless the moon and God bless me And God bless the one that I long to see.

No comments: