Thursday, February 27, 2014

Snowed Under

I've gotten behind in my blogging again.  This guy and I...hi Eric!...took a quick trip to Orlando last week and I've been playing "Catch Up" ever since.  This was taken out on the balcony of our hotel room.  So nice to breath in warm air.


It sure was nice to get away from winter for a few days!  This was our view from our table at Epcot on our first full night there.  We traveled with Eric's parents and met his sister and her husband in Florida. It was so nice to catch up with them!


We spent a day at Disney's Animal Kingdom.  I got to go up on stage to take a photo of an owl flying in to roost on a branch just over my head.  Woosh...he was so fast...my shots were blurry!  They let me take a shot of him on the stage after he landed.  Beautiful bird.

We also spent a day at Hollywood Studios.  Perfect weather.  Pretty sunset.  I took this from the car when we were driving out of the parking lot.  It's the "Tower of Terror" ride.


And just like that our trip was done and we flew home.  My Valentine's carnations were still blooming.  It snowed once, but had been warm at home while we were gone.


We were back for a day when the big snowstorm came.  Almost 10".  Ice first, so the snow stuck to everything.  It was pretty but the snowbanks are getting high around here!


I took a walk in the morning to take some photos.  It was exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time.  I caught a shot of a neighbor clearing his driveway.  I told you the snowbanks were high!


Snow, and then the cold returned.  The sun is still warm enough to do some melting, but when the high is 10 degrees, not much melting is going to happen. We haven't had record snow, but we've had A LOT of snow and no days for it to melt.  January thaw?  That didn't happen this year.  February thaw?  Nope.  We're hoping Spring will be able to find it's way here soon.


The horses are hanging in there.  They soak up the sun every chance they get.  They'll need it, it was -20 this morning.


I'm enjoying the flowers that are blooming inside my house.  I've also been trying to catch up with work things.  The orders come in whether I'm here or not.  Which is good....but it hasn't left me with very much spare time.


But today, I'm starting to feel caught up with work.  Now to make that list of all the other stuff I should be trying to catch up on.  I'm at a stage in life where I really need lists.  I get distracted very easily!  Oh look, a daffodil.


Yep, easily distracted.  Maybe that's a problem with being creative...I can create all kinds of ways to not get at what I "should" be doing.  Things like cleaning the house, doing the laundry, organizing my work files, backing up photos, updating the calendar...you know..."shoulds".  Oh look, another flower.


Oh look...tulips!  Yep...thinking of spring.  Thinking of getting unburied from the snow and the "shoulds".


And on that note, I'm going to log off and then check off updating the blog from my list.  One thing at a time.  Thanks for stopping by!


No comments: