Thursday, February 13, 2014

A Change in the Weather!

Did you see my title?  A Change in the Weather!  It's coming...warmer days ahead!  There is something so wonderful about seeing the 10 day forecast and seeing average...and get this...above average temperatures listed!  There actually is hope that this winter may eventually end!  It's all the way into the 20's today...above zero.  We may just make it after all.  But first, some cold day pictures since that's what it was when I took them.

I planted some amaryllis in November hoping that they would bloom in time for Christmas.  Well, they had sprouted by then, but didn't grow and bloom until January.  But this one was still blooming last week, which was a nice treat when it was so cold outside!  Another one has shot up a second bud and should be blooming again soon.  There is an app on Facebook called "God wants you to Know".  A few days ago the message it sent me was as follows:

God wants you to know that you will blossom.  A flower starts deep under the dirt and has to fight against gravity in the darkness before finally breaking free and opening its bloom to the sun. You may feel like you're in darkness and everything around you is muddy, but keep pushing toward the Light and when the time is right, you will burst into blossom.

I thought that it was pretty cool.  And it reminded me of the amaryllis.  And I really like the idea that they can bloom a second time.  There is always hope if you look for it!


I'm so glad that these guys will have some warmer days ahead.  They've done really well with all the cold, but I sure feel bad for them.  Warmer days ahead boys!  Nice photo bomb Czar!


Aren't they fluffy!?!  There will be a lot of shedding going on in a few months.


When it warms up I won't rely on the cats for my photos of the day.  Greta is laying on her favorite spot...the middle of the dining room table.  Can't you tell that she owns it just from the look on her face?


Molly isn't amused by having her picture taken.  Especially when I wake her up to do it.  My motivation to go outside to take photos directly correlates with the temperature out there...this winter it's been in the negative range on most days.


So I practice with my photos on the cats.  They need to be woken up occasionally anyway.


I wanted to see how my fake candle would look in a picture.  It's amazingly realistic in true life.  The flickering movement of the flame makes seem very real.  Battery powered and on a timer.  And it won't catch my house on fire.  Gotta love that!


And last but not least, a Cedar Waxwing in the neighbors tree.  My son Brian looked out the office window and said "Mom, look at all of the cool Cedar Waxwings!"  There were at least 8 of them, and it was really cool.


But really, I think that the coolest part was that my 21 year old son noticed them and knew exactly what they were. Isn't that awesome?  Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: