Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Poor Little Robin

The day after we returned from Florida it snowed.  A lot.  Rain, then snow through the night.  In the following afternoon I glanced out of my office window and noticed this robin in the neighbors tree.  He seemed to say "Spring is Coming"! 


Well, he was wrong.  A few nights ago the low was -17.  In March.  This cold, harsh winter has grown so old. It's enough to make cheerful people crabby.  Finding a frozen Robin hunkered down in the corner of my front step did not help my mood about the weather.  But things in the 10 day forecast are actually looking up!  Snow later today, then 21 degrees above zero, then 30, then almost 40 degrees for next week.  We might even hit the average high for a day or two.  Woohoo.  Got to take what we can get.  Like I said, it's been a long winter.

I do have pretty tulips on my dining room table though.  So pink and delicate.


And I have Daffodils blooming in my "Watch 'Em Grow" pot.  So fun to have a touch of spring in the house.


My poor horses seem to be surviving it all ok.  This guy was hoping that he could come into the house for a little while.  He was playing peek-a-boo.


Skylar's breath comes out as poofs of steam when it's -5 degrees.


Back to the spring stuff.  Tulips in my "Watch 'Em Grow" pot.  They all sprout and bloom so quickly, it's fun to see.


I think that Greta will love warmer temps.  She darts out the door every time we let the dog out, she's determined to be an outdoor cat.  The cold air makes it easier to get her back inside.  I think we'll have trouble getting her back in once it warms up.


I don't think I'll come back inside once it warms up either.  The great outdoors, fresh air, dirt, grass and I have a lot of catching up to do.  Hope you've been staying warm in your neck of the woods!


No comments: