Thursday, February 6, 2014

Playing Catch Up Again!

I had been keeping up with my blog a little bit better...and then this last week everything sort of slid to a stop.  Here's a tulip to say that I'm sorry about that!


It continues to be super cold here.  On the days it's not frigid it snows.  It's getting to the point where it's hard to know where to put the snow.  The end of this winter is no where in sight.  I'm not very enthused about going outside to take pictures!  I was out shoveling anyway on the day I took this one, so I figured why not take a picture or two while I'm out here!  My house in the winter.


The reason I got so far behind on my blog is because we went to the rodeo.  Really.  I ended up taking lots and lots and lots of pictures and was going to do a post about the rodeo, but then I had to go through all the pictures and I haven't really had time to do that yet.  So everything just sort of stopped.  Yep, it's the rodeo's fault.  Here's one for now, until I have time to really go through them and write an actual post about it.  That horse was tired of waiting apparently!


 Back to the tulips for Saturday.  The fading tulips.  Time for some new flowers, but it's been too cold to want to risk getting them home without them freezing.  Them and me.


The cat doesn't mind being out though.  In fact she darts for the door every single time we open it.  Our slow moving old dog doesn't help matters.  I spend quite a bit of my time waiting for the cat to figure out that it's zero below and she needs to come in.  I like the little crazy whisker on the bottom of her chin. :-)


Hey, it's Brian.  He was just heading out to take the dog for a short walk.  It was late but he figured that the dog wouldn't know the difference.  He was right, she was so excited!


A cold morning sunrise looking across the street from my front step.


Molly seems to be happy just sleeping on Billy's bed during these cold days.  I don't blame her!


And last but not least, it's a pair of cardinals at the empty feeder.  The squirrels wipe that one out in a hurry!  There are 4 perfectly fine and full feeders by the house, but the cardinals don't want to come that close.  The would if they were hungry enough!


It looks like she is scolding him for not paying the bird seed bill on time.  Hen pecked.  And on that note I'll say, thanks for stopping by!


No comments: